- History and Current Status
HeartScan Healthcare was established in 1999. We provide regular physical examinations
to employees of over 300 companies and serve approximately 30,000 customers annually.
These numbers illustrate which the deep trust our hospital receives from our corporate
partners and individual patients.
HeartScan Healthcare’s services are provided by 14 excellent professionals specializing in
cardiology, gastroenterology, radiology, neuropsychiatry, general surgery,
urology and dentistry and our facilities are equipped with the latest technology. Our professional medical staffs each have more than ten years’ experience in their respective fields, so they are well trained to provide in-depth, expert care and treatment to meet your needs and improve your health.
HeartScan Healthcare always performs medical examinations efficiently and clearly, using the
latest medical equipment and technology. This coupled with the highest level of our medical
professionals’ diagnostic skills enable early detection of serious disease such as cancer,
cerebrovascular disease, and cardiovascular disease. Our radiology specialists also provide accurate
diagnosis using the newest medical equipment including MRI, CT and ultrasonography.
- Equipped the most advanced devices with high technology MRI System (Avanto, SIEMENS)
Magnetic resonance imaging(MRI) ; does not use ionizing radiation, is
√ a device to produce picture of the body’s internal structures to identify characterize disease than other imaging methods.
√ one of the safest, most accurate means for examination of the brain(vascular), spine and soft tissue(nerves etc.)
128ch MDCT ; exposure to low levels of ionizing radiation, is
√ a diagnostic imaging test used to create detailed images of internal organs and bones.
√ performed to detect atherosclerosis or coronary artery diseases.
(The information obtained can help evaluate whether you are at increased risk for heart attack.)
√ used for diagnosing lung cancer at its earliest, most curable stage
Ultrasound imaging ; does not use ionizing radiation,
√ uses a transducer or probe to generate sound waves and produce pictures of the
body’s internal structure.
√ has no known harmful effects, and provide a clear picture of soft tissues that don’t show up well on x-ray images.
√ is often used to help diagnose unexplained pain, swelling and infection.
We provide one-on-one same day consultation regarding medical checkup results.
√ Real-time diagnosis and treatment is available on the same day if it is necessary
If abnormal conditions are detected during the medical checkup, you will be referred
to partner hospital to receive immediate care and treatment
√ We have entered into a strategic partnerships with major hospitals in Korea
Cardiology (cardiovascular disease)
Neuropsychiatry (stress, dementia, smoking cessation clinic).
General Surgery (breastㆍthyroid biopsy and proctology)
Driving directions and parking for the hospital
1. Go on to ‘Teheranro’ past Samsung station (in the direction of Gangnam staion)
2. Take the right turn at Posco intersection
3. The third building on the right hand side
Heartscan offers public parking in a convenient location back of the building on the B7 The lot is offering free rates compared to other lots in the neighborhood.
Public Transportation to the hospital
☞ 500m from the No.5 Exit of the Samsung Station of Subway Line No.2
☞ Town bus 07, 08 (The second stop from the Exit 5 of Samsung station) Express bus(green): 3411 (The first stop from the Exit 5 of Samsung station)
General Health Check-up
|Item||Testing & Disease|
|Physical examination and Obesity||Measuring height, weight, body mass index, and waist circumference|
|Pulmonary function test||Checking lung capacity to diagnose any abnormality of the respiratory system.|
|Audiometry||Diagnosing hearing loss by pure tone audiometry|
|Chest X-ray||Detecting pulmonary tuberculosis, lung cancer, or Bronchiectasis|
|Hematology Screening test||More than 50 items of anemia, liver-function exam, immunity, and glycemia etc.|
|Urinalysis||Checking abnormality in kidney and urogenital system|
|Thyroid function test||Diagnosing hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism|
|Tumor marker tests||Blood analysis for tumor markers to diagnose some cancers (e.g., hepatic, ovary, colon, pancreas and prostate).|
|Electrocardiogram||Cardiologic evaluation for cardiac hypertrophy, arrhythmia, and ischemic heart disease|
|Blood pressure||Measuring blood pressure on stable position|
|Gastroscopy (or upper gastrointestinal series)||Directly visualize the esophagus, stomach and duodenum Using endoscopy to detect upper gastrointestinal disease such as esophagitis, ulcer, and cancer (upper gastrointestinal series: radiologic examination of the upper gastrointestinal system)|
|BMD (Bone Mineral Densitometry)||Osteopenia, osteoporosis detection|
|Abdominal ultrasonography||Detecting the diseases of liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen and kidney|
|Thyroid ultrasonography||Diagnosing thyroid disease (e.g., thyroid cancers) by Ultrasonography|
|Cervical cancer screening||Pap smear for cervical cytology|
|Mammography||Radiologic exam for neoplasm of the breast|
|Medical diagnosis of Metabolic syndrome||Diagnosing metabolic syndrome, a significant risk factor for diabetes and cardiovascular disease.|
Customized Health Check-up
|Specialized cancer procedure (cancer-specified check-up)|
Gastroscopy or Upper gastrointestinal series,
Pap smear, mammography
|Hematology Screening test (thyroid function, tumor marker test)/ Urinalysis y|
|Specialized cardiac procedure (heart-specified check-up)|
|Heart 128ch MDCT(coronary artery calcification test
|Hematology Screening test (thyroid function) / Urinalysis|
|Specialized brain procedure (stroke-specified check-up)|
Carotid artery ultrasonography
Hematology Screening test / urinalysis
|Transcranial Doppler ultrasonography
VIP Health Check-up
|Item||General Health Check-up|
|Heart||Heart 128ch MDCT(coronary artery calcification test)
Treadmill Test (TMT)
Transcranial Doppler (TCD)
Homocystein (Blood test)
|Pelvis||Male: Prostate / Bladder ultrasonography
Female: Uterus / Bladder ultrasonography
How to reserve a physical examination
- Reservations may be made in person or over the phone. An SMS (text message) is sent to the patient one week and one day before the scheduled examination day as a courtesy reminder.
Telephone reservation and inquiries:
Location and hours
- Reception room, B1, Samsungdong Building, 157-1, Samsung-don, Kangnam-gu, Seoul
- Reservation hour : 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM on week days
7:30 AM – 12:30 PM on Saturdays
Check-up results and counseling
- You can receive a consultation regarding your results by visiting the center in person or via mail.
- Have a simple evening meal before 7 or 8 o’clock p.m. on the day before the physical
Examination (avoid meat, flour, fatty foods and heavy eating).
- Do not eat anything from 9 o’clock p.m. until the check-up is overs
(abstain from all food or drink and do not smoke or chew gum).
- Antihypertensive agent and heart disease drug (antiarrhythmic drug): please take the
Medicine provided on the morning of the physical examination with a small amount for water.
If you are taking other medicines, please check with us regarding whether they should be
Taken and take only medicines cleared by us.
- Diabetes drugs (insulin injection or oral administration): Please do not take these drugs during alimentary abstinence to avoid hypoglycemia.
- Antithrombotic or antiplatelet drug that can elevate the risk of bleeding
(Warfarin, Aspirin, etc): If you are to undergo endoscopy, please stop taking this medicine After consulting with our doctors. (Aspirin: 7days before, Warfarin: 5 days before)
- If you have had a stroke, or suffer from thrombosis, heart disease or lung disease, of if you Have undergone surgery or hospitalization within the previous three months, please check if It is recommended that you stop taking medicines that can elevate the risk of bleeding with our doctors and then decide if you will undergo the physical examination.
- Please do not take shower or bath on the day of the physical examination.
- If you are experiencing your period of it there is any possibility you are pregnancy, the test That may be performed during your physical examination may be limited.
- Please give a call our reservation office prior to your physical examination.
If you have any of the following diseases please inform the doctor before the physical.
- examination : Heart disease, glaucoma, prostatic hypertrophy, hypertension.
Please also inform the doctor if you are pregnant.
- Do not eat any fruit containing seed beginning three days before the colonoscopy.
(e.g., watermelon, melon, kiwi, sesame nuts and black rice…)
- One day before the colonoscopy, please have a normal meal in the morning, porridge as lunch and skip your evening meal. Please do not eat any food after 7 o’clock p.m.
- Antihypertensive agents and heart disease drugs (e.g., antiarrhythmic drug): Please take these
medicines on the morning of the day of the examination with a small amount of water.
If you are taking other medicines, please check these drugs with our doctors and take only
-Diabetes drugs (e.g., insulin injection or oral administration): Please do not take these drug during alimentary abstinence to avoid hypoglycemia.
- antithrombotic or antiplatelet drug that can elevate the risk of bleeding.
(Warfarin, Aspirin, etc): If you are to undergo endoscopy, please stop taking these medicine after consulting with our doctor. (Aspirin: 7days before, Warfarin: 5 days before).
※ If you have any of the following disease please inform the doctor before the physical examination: Heart disease, glaucoma, prostatic hypertrophy, high blood pressure. Please also inform the doctor if you are pregnant.
How to take the bowel preparation agent
- Dissolve the each package of the bowel preparation agent (COLYTE powder) in 500ml cold water.
※ Total 4L COLYTE powder (8 packages)
✎ Drink 3L from 7 to 10 p.m. on the night before the procedure, one cup every 10 minutes, after shaking completely and after that take 3 tablets of medicine at once.
✎ Drink the remaining of 1L from 5 to 6 a.m. on the morning of the day of the procedure on cup every 10 minutes. If you feel though you will vomit, please stop for a while.